When testing out typography it’s a good idea to pick a pangram: a phrase that includes every letter in the alphabet. This phrase does just that, and makes an ideal choice for font selection.
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
7 Alternative Pangrams
Wikipedia proposes the following seven alternatives. Again, each uses every letter of the alphabet:-
- “Jived fox nymph grabs quick waltz.”
- “Glib jocks quiz nymph to vex dwarf.”
- “Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.”
- “How vexingly quick daft zebras jump!”
- “The five boxing wizards jump quickly.”
- “Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz.”
- “Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs.”